We love matcha tea so much we are doing teapigs‘ 14 day #matchachallenge
Matcha tea bushes are grown in Japan under the shade, this boosts their chlorophyll content which gives the leaves that bright green hue.
Matcha tea is simply all these green tea leaves ground by granite stones to achieve that super smooth and fine powder, probably the purest and most natural form of green tea.
Drinking matcha tea can equal 10 cups of regular tea, and although it does contain caffeine, it is released slowly for 4 to 6 hours.
It is proven that matcha contains L-theanine, an amino acid that promotes concentration and alertness.
If you are a matcha newbie it’s all good, we are here to help! These three recipes below are not only super tasty and easy to make but incorporate matcha tea to give your breakfasts and afternoon snacks a bit of a kick.
For more tasty matcha recipes, visit www.teapigs.co.uk
🕑 25 minutes
- makes 250g
- 150g organic rolled oats
- 75g nuts (pistachios, almonds, cashews)
- 1 1/2 tbsp millet (optional)
- Handful of coconut shavings
- 3 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 3 tsp matcha tea powder
– Pre-heat your oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Soak the millet in water for 10 minutes.
– Melt coconut oil and add the oats, nuts, coconut shavings and mix together until completely coated in the oil. Add the rest of ingredients and mix thoroughly.
– Spread your mixture evenly on the baking tray and bake for 10 – 15 minutes stirring every 5 minutes until golden but not burnt.
– Serve with coconut yoghurt or almond milk and some fresh blueberries.
🕑 5 minutes + 24 hours
- serves 1
- 1 cup Almond milk (or other milk)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tsp matcha tea powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ½ cup oats
- optional topping: banana slices / coconut flakes
– Combine the oats, milk, matcha and chia seeds in a jar and shake vigorously.
– Add the vanilla extract and cinnamon, stir well once again and leave overnight.
– Serve with your choice of toppings or enjoy on its own.
Find the recipe for these mouthwatering gluten free and vegan treats here.
Share your creations with us on Twitter @JulietOscarYankee with #matchachallenge
This article is in collaboration with teapigs.