And best of all, they are deliciously vegan.
Whether you celebrate the yearly famous Pancake Day or not, there's no excuse to miss out on these delightfully simple to make French-style crêpes.
What’s best about this recipe, is not the fact that is easy and quick to make, but the sauce. The Bourbon infused, blueberry and maple sauce is so easy, you can make it with your eyes closed and while the batter rests in the fridge.
Granted you can fill these crêpes with whatever you please, but trust me, give the blueberry sauce a go and you will not be disappointed.
🕑 1 hour
- makes 10 crêpes
- 120g flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 4 tbsp vegan spread, melted (plus extra for frying)
- 120g water
- 150g non-dairy milk
- 100g Frozen or Fresh Blueberries
- 25ml water
- 50ml Maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Bourbon (i.e. Woodford Reserve)
1. Begin by weighing and prepping all your ingredients and equipment. Place a crepe pan or regular pan over the stove, ready to be used.
2. Take a large bowl and combine the dairy-free milk, water, melted spread, maple syrup and and salt. Mix together and mix in the flour. Whisk thoroughly to ensure no lumps remain in the batter.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for half an hour. Feel free to leave it resting in the fridge for up to two hours.
4. While the batter rests, add the blueberries, water, 50ml Maple Syrup and Bourbon to a pan. Place on the hob on a medium heat. Cook for 20 minutes or until most of the water dissolves and you are left with a thick sauce.
5. When you are ready to make the crêpes, take the batter out of the fridge and place your pancake pan on a medium-low heat.
6. Add a small amount of the dairy-free spread or margarine to the pan and let it melt. Swirl the pan so it’s evenly distributed.
7. Add a small amount (about two tablespoons worth) of batter to the pan. Swirl the pan lightly to ensure the crêpes spreads a bit. The crêpes should be about 15cm in diameter.
8. Let the first side cook for about a minute, then flip and let the second side cook for another minute.
9. When the crêpe is done, transfer to a plate and spoon some of the blueberry sauce on it, then fold it in half. Serve two per person and spoon some extra sauce on top, then sprinkle some silvered almonds on top.
Share your Creations with us on twitter @julietoyankee