The best autumnal snack...
Who knew we were tiny squirrels on the inside. That's right, these honey and rosemary spiced nuts are perhaps our favourite snack to munch on during the Autumn and Winter.
They are the perfect accompaniment to cheese and crackers for a party or as a snack with some cocktails. These spiced nuts are so tasty you won’t want to share. Been there!
There are many recipes for spiced nuts out there, which means that once you get the gist of it, you can start creating your very own recipe. Say you prefer a sweeter taste, adapt the recipe to incorporate sweeter spices like cinnamon and allspice. And if you are a fan of paprika and chili, why not give those a go too and let us know how it turns out?
🕑 25 minutes
- 500g whole mixed nuts of your choice (almonds, walnuts, cashew nuts, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts)
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp chopped Rosemary
– Start by pre-heating the oven to 170°C.
– Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and make sure all the nuts are coated in the herbs, spices and butter.
– Line a baking tray with parchment paper, spread the nuts and toast in the oven for around 10 minutes or until they turn golden-brown. Keep a close eye as you don’t want them to burn.
– Serve warm as an appetiser.