The tastiest Spinach Bites you'll ever try.
I used to eat these when I was a kid. And let me tell you, I wasn't a fan of spinach... but somehow, I managed to munch on these no matter what.
Originally, the bites are to be fried, but in the spirit of making the most of the spinach’s nutritional value, we decided to bake them.
It’s rather surprising to see people get hooked to these bites, if you think a whole batch is too much, think again! They are THAT good!
🕑 45 minutes
- makes 18 bites
- 800g spinach
- 2 free range eggs
- 250ml milk (or water from the spinach)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 300g flour
- 1cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
– Start by defrosting the spinach if using frozen or steaming/boiling the fresh spinach and squeezing the liquid out. Don’t discard the liquid if you are using it instead of the milk.
– In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix until all is well combined.
– Crack the eggs into another bowl and slowly add the flour mixture and milk/liquid from the spinach in turns. Once it’s all combined, make sure the spinach is well chopped, add it to the mixture and mix thoroughly. Add the grated Parmigiano and mix.
– Preheat the oven to 200°C and lightly grease a muffin / cupcake tray. Spoon a tablespoon of the mixture into each hole and bake for 15-20 minutes.
– Serve hot or cold with our tahini dressing.
Shop ingredients for this recipe at Morrisons.
makes 1 cup - Blend all together
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
share your creations on twitter @julietoyankee