These matcha muffins are perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
We made these vegan and gluten free but feel free to keep them as they are or tweak the recipe to suit your taste. For more matcha recipes, click here.
🕑 45 minutes
- makes 10 muffins
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or more if preferred)
- ½ mashed banana
- ½ cup maple syrup or agave
- 1 ¾ cups rice flour (gluten free or regular)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp matcha tea powder
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- blueberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup soy milk
– Preheat your oven at 190C and line a muffin tray with muffin cases.
– Combine the soy milk, flaxseed, lemon juice and vanilla extract in a bowl and let sit until it thickens. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and poppy seeds, sift in the matcha powder to avoid any lumps.
– Melt the coconut oil and maple syrup together then add the mashed banana. Pour the soy mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until everything is well combined.
– Spoon the mixture into muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy as an afternoon snack or breakfast.
Share your creations with us on Twitter @JulietOscarYankee